April 2, 2015

Go Green

Easter weekend means family time, a lot of food and sweets. Saturday I will be at my Mom’s. And I am sure that the kitchen table will be loaded with unhealthy food. Before this upcoming food marathon, I decided to start the day healthy with a smoothie.
Seeing that everybody is so into green smoothies these days, I had to experience this new hyped drink by myself.
Since I won’t me home this weekend and my fridge was loaded with veggies, a smoothie was the best and a surprisingly good idea.
For my first green super drink I mixed up:
1 green apple 2 stalks celery juice of 1 lemon 1 inch fresh ginger 1/2 cucumber 2 heaping cups kale leaves 1/4 pinapple
Smmothies in general are a quick and easy way to get a large amount of veggies and fruits into a meal. Be creative with your smoothie recipe and try different vitamine and color mixtures.






No comments:

Post a Comment