November 25, 2015

Winter fashion

More functional, more fabulous


Isn’t it so much easier to dress cool and stylish when it’s warmer outside?

Fact: I knew that there will be a day this winter that is so freezing cold, that I am forced out of my chic, body skimming coat and into something warm and fluffy. But I didn't expect it coming so early.

Last weekend I was in Vienna. Snow, wind and zero degrees Celsius made dressing complicated. My to-do list was long: Christmas markets, shopping and dining - of course I wanted to look good, but it is so hard to bundle up and still wear a chic outfit.

The abundance of cold weather accessories combined with bulky swearers, coats and boots can be overwhelming and give me the feeling I look like a haphazard snow-woman.

Good thing I didn’t pack that much so I hadn’t really lots of clothing choices. In the end after three rounds of changing I finally found an outfit that was simple chic and kept me warm walking around in Vienna.

Summer and bright shades come to mind when anyone talks about color blocking. But it needn't be the case: Silvery gray on black is a combo neutral that'll go with anything, but it brings a fresher feeling to my winter wear. I combine a very warm Sportalm Kitzbühel down jacket with a black ripped Jbrand Jeans and grey leather ankle boots from an Italian boutique. And a Liebeskind Berlin scarf with is a perfect accessory, which I even leave on as part of my outfit.




No comments:

Post a Comment