December 13, 2015

Vegan Chai Cookies

Delicious must-have Chai cookie recipe



My Sunday morning turned out being more successful than lazy! I found an easy, simple and kind of healthy recipe – well at least it sounds like one.

And believe me it’s not only the fancy name that makes the cookies special.

Everyone bakes vanilla crescents, gingerbread, and coco macaroons – so I thought to try something more unique.

But I am neither that girl who follows every trend nor am I vegan. I love my Mom’s calorie bomb cookies and don’t mind craving them.

That’s the thing, because I am not the perfect baker or cook, I wanted to make something different. Special cookies those are not comparable to other classic Christmas delicacies.

Cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and black pepper combine to create an incredibly aromatic spice blend that is worth trying!


Ingredients
  •        4 tea bags of Chai
  •        200 gram oleomargarine (1 cups)
  •        50 gram cane sugar (¼ cups)
  •        Pinch of salt
  •        300 gram spelt flour (2 cups)
  •        100 gram sugar to roll (½ cups)

Preparation:

1. In a food processor or mortar pulse the tea mix until the tea is pulverized.
2. Cream the margarine and cane sugar until light.
3. Add the tea mixture and flour. Pulse together just until a rough dough is formed.
4. Let the dough chill for at least 1 hour.
5. Form cherry-sized balls and press them slightly flat.
6. Preheat oven to 150°C (375 °F)
7. Place the balls on the baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes.
8. Before eating roll the cookies in sugar.



Happy baking!



No comments:

Post a Comment